100% Handcrafted in New Zealand

.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Studio Update

I have finally started moving my stuff into the near completed studio. Not only was it carpeted last week but it's now secure with a lovely new mortice lock on it too. (It was a mission to find a lock to fit and someone capable to install it as the measurements on the french doors were not standard)

Over the past month I have been sanding and painting windows, even managing to break one on my head - don't ask! I have learnt to glaze - cutting glass to fix my broken window plus another cracked one, fixing them in and puttying them too. I'm quite a dab hand at that now. Also spent a week or so sourcing a desk that I can adjust the height on to use as a cutting table (found one for $125 which I thought was a bargain) and just this week designed another table (Tuesday) which I'll use for sewing. I bought and measured up the pieces of wood on Wednesday and my lovely dad helped me cut it on and drill guide holes on it on Thursday.

And today, Saturday, Murray and I started moving my art & craft goodies into the studio and began putting the new table together. Its looking great. Can't wait to paint the table a luscious & warm red.

Must be our week for tables as we also bought a gorgeous solid oak dining table on Trademe that can be extended to seat 10 comfortably but was originally able to seat 16. (some of the inserts are missing). Time we start having grand dinner parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment