100% Handcrafted in New Zealand

.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

It's been some time....

It feels like I have come out of winter hibernation.

I've never been one for winter and now that we have had some gorgeous summer-like weather over October and this first week of November I have been inspired to get the sewing scissors and jigsaw out and have been whipping up some new summer dresses, skirts, aprons and sunhats and designing a new version of my clothing tree with resident fantail.

Not only did the winter months stupefy my creative urges but my daughter started school in July and its taken some getting use to having her not around. Almost like I have too much time on my hands and not sure what to do.

We have also been busy around the home building up new vegetable beds, teaching ourselves how to build unintentionally but beautiful crooked brick walls, pulling out overgrown gardens and planting a new cottage garden - Ella, I and the bees are loving all the flowers. We have been painting and decorating Ella's bedroom into a little girls french inspired delight, sewing gorgeous cushions for a new settee (fabric for the cushions from the ever colourful and delightful Mokum range) and generally taking stock of our lives.

I also started tutoring a beginners sewing class at Onehunga High School and am having fun sharing my skills and watching my students create their own masterpieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment